Residential Electronics Recycling
The eWASTE Alliance Network consists of over 300 Residential Collection Sites developed to be a convenient
option for residential generators to recycle their eWASTE. All of the eWASTE Alliance Network collection
sites are registered with the NYS DEC.
Please call the collection site to verify what they accept. Click on the location name for the phone number.
ITEMS ACCEPTED AT OUR COLLECTION SITES:
- Computers (including laptops, desktops, tablets and e-readers)
- Cathode ray tubes
- Small scale servers
- Computer peripherals (including any cable, cord, or wiring permanently affixed to or incorporated into the computer peripheral.)
- Electronic keyboards
- Electronic mice or similar pointing devices
- Facsimile machines, document scanners, and printers (only those intended for use with a computer and weighing less than 100 lbs.)
- Small electronic equipment (including any cable, cord, or wiring permanently affixed to or incorporated into the small electronic equipment.)
- Digital video recorders
- Portable digital music players
- DVD players (including projectors with DVD player capabilities intended for home-use)
- Digital converter boxes
- Cable or satellite receivers (including digital media receivers)
- Electronic or video game consoles (including both handheld devices and those intended for use with a video display device)
ITEMS WE DO NOT ACCEPT AT OUR COLLECTION SITES:
Alkaline Batteries, Household Appliances(Toaster Ovens, Hairdryers), Liquids/Oils, Air Conditioners/Dehumidifiers/Refridgerators, Fluorescent Lamp Material, & Tape Media.
Attention Residential Customers:
Beginning October 19, 2015, there will be a nominal handling fee for all
non-SONY brand Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Televisions and CRT Monitors dropped off for recycling at
the RCR&R facility at 7318 Victor-Mendon Rd in Victor NY.
Nominal Handling Fees:
Non-Sony CRT's Televisions and Monitors 27" and Smaller - $20
Non-SONY CRT's Televisions* larger than 27" - $40
All SONY televisions are recycled free of charge.
*Also includes DLP, Rear Projection, and Wood Console
Questions and Answers
Additionally, in accordance with the NYS Electronic Equipment Recycling & Reuse Act, if you've recently purchased
a new SONY covered electronic product or device, we'll recycle a like-product (any brand accepted) on a one-to-one basis,
free of charge. Just bring in your receipt as proof of your SONY purchase at the time you are recycling your old device.
ATTENTION BUSINESSES - Business generators have distinct environmental and data security concerns and should
contact the Regional Computer Recycling & Recovery Client Services Group at 888-563-1340 to schedule a pick up
(direct pick up available for business generators only).
Please visit the most convenient residential electronics recycling drop-off location listed below: